Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WTB: 416 or 515 15" Woofer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member vmanp's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello, i am interested in purchasing a pair of good condition 416 or 515 Altec Woofers. Please email me with a photo and price if you have any for sale.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    does it matter? 416-8A 15" or 416-8A 16"?

    I have a pair of each fresh from GPA with new cones, VCs and recharge.

    15" is designed for behind the baffel mounting while the 16" can go either side, no other difference I know of.

    Gary

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is a toss up but I would have been better off buying new ones from GPA. Last time we discussed this I realized I had about 50% more in referbed 515b's than new ones would cost.

    Jim N

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hard to argue there Jim.

    I have never heard the new GPA woofers but have had many vintage ones rebuilt there.

    There is little doubt the new ones may be the bargin unless you absolutely have to have Vintage.

    By the time you buy old and send them for repair and pay all the freight it is very easy to go over the cost of new GPAs.

    Gary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.